Monday, October 1, 2007

10.1.07 - Chest/Back

October already, dang this year has flown by. Its crazy to think that I have worked out every day this year (except for a few).

Yesterday was OK, I was dragging all day, really tired but then in the afternoon I must have gotten my 2nd wind cause I woke up and was to get a great shoulder workout in. Then put in 35 min of cardio while watching part of MI3. This morning I got up early and put in 30 min of cardio in and followed it up with a couple eggs and a piece of toast.

I did not weigh myself today, I think just to remove excess frustration I will keep the diet up and the cardio high for a few more days and then check the weight, I don't want to see the same weight on there anymore! Especially with all this hard work. It literally seems like everything I do centers around this diet or exercise, I want to see at least a pound off that previous weight within the next few days.

After thinking about it and reviewing my logs, I think I have officially hit a plateau. I did some research and found that its pretty common but it seems like everyone has their own theory on how to get out of it. First off I think I am taking in too little calories in a day. I haven't been counting calories but not that I am I am taking in sometimes as low as 1100-1200/day. That's way too low in my opinion, which would explain why I've been super tired and soar lately.

So based on several pieces of information on the web I have decided to up my calories per day, mostly in protein, and change my cardio routine. At this time I am going to shoot for 1900-2000 calories per day, and I'm going to cut back to cardio once a day 5 days a week. I am going to switch back and forth between HIIT and standard cardio. Tonight I did HIIT (30 seconds 100%, 60 seconds 50% x 4 rotations) I will work my way up to where I am doing 8-10 rotations, but tonight I was dying after 3!

I am going to weigh myself every day to see if my weight changes after a couple weeks I'll reevaluate and see if this is helping.

I did chest and back today, it was so-so. I am not going to document my sets this time. I plan on taking tomorrow off as a rest day and picking up on WED.


FOOD AND SUPPS FOR TODAY
6:00 AM - 30 min. Cardio
6:45 AM - Ripped Fuel, Fish Oil, Green Tea Extract, L-Carnitine, Vitamin E, B-Complex
6:45 AM - 2 Eggs and a piece of White Toast (250 kcal)
10:15 AM - 'Smart Ones' - Turkey Breast with Potatoes (210 kcal, 7gF, 18gC, 18gP)
12:45 PM - Snickers Lo-Carb Marathon Energy Bar (170 kcal, 8gF, 19-3gC*, 15gP)
*3g net carbs due to sugar Alcohols and Fiber
4:30 PM - Ripped Fuel
6:00 PM - Chicken Breast with Stuffing and Corn
6:00 PM - Fish Oil, L-Carnitine, Green Tea Extract, Vitamin E, Multi-V
9:00 PM - 1 Scoop Protein Shake

No comments: